The snatch thieves crime has become from bad to Worst in Malaysia.
One of the most common crime is to hijack car that’s stationary by the road side or at traffic light.
The culprits, usually a motorcyclist and a pillion rider, tail the driver and smash the car window to snatch items placed inside the car especially on hand phone, handbag etc.
Watch the video below to witness their daring daylight robbery.
Everything happened in the blink of an eye!
Malaysia snatch thieves on bike broke car window and rob Near Section 16 U-Turn
Caught this with my in-car video survillance camera on 27th March 2011. The culprits, usually a motorcyclist and a pillion rider, tail the driver and smash the car window to snatch items placed inside the car. The attacks are usually launched when the car is stationary by the road side or at traffic light junctions.
Ladies, armor your windows please.
No one can prevent the snatch thieves crime from happening but we can minimize the chance of being a victim.
Some even become so traumatised and get worried everytime they see a motorcylist pass slowly by their car.
Some of the Safety precaution that you can Take
1) Never leave anything like handbag or laptop bags on the passenger seat that can attracts the culprits, even though there may be nothing inside
2) Invest in a good sun screen protector window like v-kool so the window wasn’t easily broken.
3) Always lock all the car windows
4) Avoid travel alone whenever possible
5) Be alert what’s happening around you
Prevention is always better.
AUTOGATE – ROBBERY